Monday, August 29, 2011

heartbeat!

We had our first ultrasound yesterday at 6 weeks 4 days. The baby is measuring at 5 weeks 4 days ( a bit over 2mm) which the tech said was fine. She said she has seen it a lot with IVF which she couldn't understand as its all so precise..she figures that some must just take a few days extra to implant. sounds reasonable to me. The sack measured at 6 weeks 1 day. We saw the tiny heart beating at 101 beats per minute. Tech was happy with that, she said around 100 is what she would expect.

Even though Ive seen it, I still have a hard time relating it to me..that Im going to have a baby...Ive been relatively free from nasty symptoms, just mildly sore boobs, mild nausea occasionally and the odd cramp here and there..though today i have felt queasy for the last few hours..i expect it will feel real eventually..but right now..its like a dream

DH and I said that when we saw the HB then we would tell a few more people..i kinda like our secret..lol but we will tell a few people who knew we were doing IVF, but swear them to silence a little while!!

2 comments:

Babette said...

YAHHHH!!!! dancing in my seat for you!!!! That's a strong beanie!!!!!

Kim said...

Awesome news Kez, I am so happy for you,,,,,,now Babatte and I need to get our butts in gear! ;)